This week we’re discussing the Victorian election, population growth and its impact on investors, the debt cycle and spiral and misconduct in major banks.
Understanding Investment Opportunity
Do you consider population growth in Melbourne to be a bad thing? It’s a commonly held attitude in Melbourne that population growth is negative due to resulting congestion. However, it should be treated as the investment opportunity for future growth.
It’s a fact that Melbourne will continue to grow but the question remains at what percent per year? Find out why embracing population growth by investing more rapidly into transportation will have a positive impact on property prices.
Our Investor Exchange Round Table Discussion Covered:
- Brett raises the shortage of affordable housing for which Liberals promise to fast track the planning and approval of with the remaining 300,000+ lots in Melbourne’s growth areas. How will this impact residential property markets and big property development groups? (23.32)
- Joel explains the debt cycle and spiral that is easy to fall into, raising the topic of debt consolidators and budget planning businesses which are booming at the moment. It’s a sign of the times that we have taken on a huge amount of debt as real estate prices have increased. (29.38)
- Louis isn’t holding back in calling major banks crooks. Commonwealth Bank is just one example of misconduct, with the marketing and mis-selling of a credit card protection insurance to more than 60,000 people. (41.38)
You Cannot Be Serious this week:
- New Orleans man accused of blowing up a local restaurant claims that it was all a miscommunication, stating he was referring to an impending bowel movement!
- Does the poo jogger have a long lost brother called the naked runner? The naked runner who’s been wreaking havoc across the streets of Melbourne for the past several months has been arrested after jogging past a police car.
- Nicki Minaj flew all the way to China for a concert that turned out to be a scam! The festival she was booked to play at didn’t exist.
Write in to get your investment and wealth management questions answered by Joel, Brett and Louis.
Ask a Question: https://theinvestorexchange.com.au/ask/
Join the Conversation: fb.me/theinvestorexchange
The Investor Exchange Theme Music: “Happy Happy Game Show” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.