Welcome listeners, this week we’re talking about Labor Party tax policies, and what they could mean for you if they are elected next year; new ways to invest in property; and how to protect against losses in the stock market.
Tax policies and second order consequences
It looks like the liberal party is on its way out, making room for the labor party, and an interesting series of new policies that impact your taxes. We explain the ins and outs of franking credits; why it sounds like getting rid of a double taxation model is beneficial, but may prove ineffective once you consider the second order consequences. We’ll explain what these second order consequences are and why you need to be better prepared in regards to your tax planning. Keeping up to date with Australian tax legislation is vital for long term investment success.
Australia is more susceptible to an economic downturn when the US is predicted to fall into an economic recession in the next 12 – 24 months. Due to an increase in debt, a change in trading partners, and structural flaws (including consumer and household debt) we might not dodge this one. Tune in for our predictions.
Book a free consultation for personalised advice on planning your taxes and your unique investment strategy
Our Investor Exchange Round Table Discussion Covered:
- A-REITs have generated a total return of 2.6% in August, outperforming bonds at 0.8% and equities at 1.4% for that period. A-REITs is also outperforming equities at 0.3% over 1 year, and over 5 years it’s outperformed equities by 4.3%; With a potential recession on the horizon, should you be investing in A-REITs? We’ll let you know. (22:44)
- Fractional property investing strategies and alternative ways you can invest in property that you can get access to both residential and commercial properties (28:10)
- We explain how to handle market volatility to minimise your losses and preserve capital using stop-losses, and other capital protection strategies. Listen to the lessons learned from the oil market crash in 2015/2016 (31:00)
- Can insuring your investments in the stock market increase your retirement balance? Short answer: yes (40:00)
You Cannot Be Serious this week:
- Talking about earning extra income, a foot model in the UK learned she could sell her used socks and trainers for 8,000 pounds over 1 month!
- An actor in America who lost his arm has admitted to not being a war veteran, as he claimed to be for over two decades. How did he really lose his arm? Listen in to find out.
Write in to get your investment and wealth management questions answered by Joel, Brett and Louis
Ask a Question: https://theinvestorexchange.com.au/ask/
Join the Conversation: fb.me/theinvestorexchange
The Investor Exchange Theme Music: “Happy Happy Game Show” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.